Sunday, April 1, 2007

The beginning........

It all started when I returned home from a Trade Show in Reno. I was due to begin my cycle on Saturday, March 17th but Saturday came and went and I did not start. Sunday was the flight home and again I expected that at any moment I would start but I did not. I arrived home at around 2:00AM early on Monday morning so needless to say I was not going to work on Monday and Ryan had had a rough week at work so he decided to stay home with me. I awoke around noontime and again, still had not started so I closed the door to the bathroom and took the last test in the only 3 pack of tests I had to purchase, Ryan was working on something in the computer room. I did not want to watch the test working I placed it aside and covered it with the box. I patiently waited the 3 minutes as instructed then I went back to where I had put it and removed the box and low and behold there were double pink lines. I started crying hysterically! I wanted to regain my composure a bit before letting Ryan in on my little secret so I took a shower and unpacked then when I thought the time was right I presented him with a small giftbag. Inside the giftbag was a teeny weeny pair of baby booties. I could see the look of confusion on his face as he pulled the booties out of the bag but all it took was about one second and I was in tears again so it didn't take long for him to figure out what they meant......we're pregnant!!!!
Print this post

2 comments:

The Galushas said...

I love this blog thing! That's awesome! I have no idea how to set one of these up but one of these days I'll figure it out. I just read all your info and I think it's great! I'm so excited for you both! Pregnancy is an awesome journey and I'll be watching for new stuff on your site! Did you get the pics I sent of our little girl? I saw Alison's and they're adorable. We don't have as many, but of course, they're just as cute!!!!
Donna & Todd

Anonymous said...

hey i just found out that your prag. and im so happy 4 both of you. i heard you where due at the end of november i will not be the only one that has a birthday in november now!! and there will be three of us now in november you baby me and amandas baby.... oh my god you know amanda is having a girl i cant wait to see ya loves and kisses.... courtney