Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Baby moved!!!! (and hopefully us soon too!)

The anticipation of finally feeling the baby was killing me and up until today I thought maybe I could feel this or that but wasn't 100% certain that it was the baby but today.....I felt the little bugger move w/ all certainty that it was the baby this time. I was sitting at my desk at work and I sneezed (like I do so much these days) and immediately after the sneeze I felt as though the baby did a flip turn or something. It wasn't a kick but it was distinctive movement....it was the best feeling ever! In my last post I promised that I would put up another picture of myself so here it is.......
as you can see f/ the sign I am 16 weeks and 4 days and there isn't much of a difference yet. I have a little belly starting to pop but nothing drastic yet. I'm sure the next picture I post will be a different story.

More news.....we had an inspection on the house we put a deposit on and it's a good thing we did the inspection because we found a few problems that we really just didn't want to deal with and it really made us take a closer look at the place and realize what we were getting ourselves into for the price they were asking. So, we are out over $700 for the cost of the inspection which included radon/water testing/sewer but we are better off having spent that money and be saved the huge headache of a house that we were doomed in. To be brief all I'll say is carpenter ants, mold and the owners were not clean people at all therefore they kept up with nothing the whole 3 years they lived there and aged a 10 year old house to look like a 40 year old house. Oh, and we learned something.....on the inspection we're scheduling next week we're going to do the general inspection first then the radon/water/sewer after so we're not out all that money if something comes up in the general inspection. Did you catch that? Yup....next inspection! The very same time we were signing off on that house we were looking at another house in Saco and after a few counter offers we're signing the papers tonight! I can't believe it! We've been looking for a year and a half and in 2 weeks we've signed papers on 2 houses! We are absolutely in love with this house too. It is 17 years old but has been very well cared for, is very clean and all newly painted on the inside so literally all we have to do is move in. Is everything exactly the way I'd want my ideal house? No, but it's pretty darn close and good enough for several years to come and eventually we can change it little by little by little. It's in Saco which is exactly where we wanted to be, on a perfect dead end....at the end and it's on a perfect one acre. Did I mention it was perfect?? :-) It's got an over sized 3 car garage (3rd on the side) w/ all kinds of storage above. Oh, and to boot there's only a bit of shrubbery in front of the house surrounded by nice crushed white rock. If you remember f/ the last post the other house was overwhelmed w/ plant life and for those of you who know me well, I'm not much of a green thumb! I might be some day but it's something I'll have to grow into, not get thrown into!! Here's a picture of our perfect house.......
isn't it great?!?!?! I'm just really really hoping that the inspection goes well because we really did agree on a price above and beyond what we wanted to spend but we do think it was worth it as long as everything checks out ok. Wish us luck and WHEN everything checks out ok our close date is set for July 20th!

I'm anxiously awaiting more movement f/ the little bambino and I'm sure as I progress I will post more frequently. Oh, and did I mention that if it's a girl I don't even need to paint the baby room in the new house?? They have an infant girl and her room is painted a pretty purple.....BONUS!! :-)
Print this post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey its courtney and amy how are you? amanda is having a baby girl!!! yesterday she took all her baby things out and started to cry cuz she is going to be a mommy!! well i have to go and get grams birthday stuff done ttyl love you antie amy and courtney

Tobes said...

What a cool site! It is a great way for us to keep up with you guys in this busy world. Alora saw your pic. and the baby's pic. She says that if you have a girl you should name her Raquel and if it is a boy, Cameron. =)