Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Won't be long now????

Notice I put the question marks after "won't be long now". I had an appointment this morning at 3 days from my due date and no signs of birthing sweet Aiden just yet. My cervix is slightly softened but absolutely no dilation as of yet. If you remember last weeks appointment they thought I might be showing signs of preeclampsia but those blood tests did come back negative so all is good. My blood pressure came down too but not by much.....130/74. Still higher than it has been almost the whole pregnancy but still quite good too. Aiden's heartbeat was a healthy 136 and the Doc confirmed once again that baby is head down and it's been a while since I've seen this Dr. but I really like her....Dr. Bittler. So, that is the 3rd Doc that has confirmed the baby is head down so that makes me feel good! :-) Guess what else?!??! She seems to think that Aiden isn't going to be that big of a baby as I have been fearing! (for no apparent reason other than at birth I was over 8 lbs. and Ryan was over 9!) She's guessing about 7 lbs. right now but then again Dr. Manning guessed 6.5-7 lbs. a few weeks ago too so you never know! My belly is supposed to measure as many cm as I am # of weeks but I am measuring a few under at 37cm, another reason why she thinks the baby is smaller than I was anticipating. Well, here's a picture of me a few days ago at exactly 39 weeks.....

as you can clearly see I've popped quite a bit but I am NOT complaining because my whole life I've thought that when it was my time I was going to be a WHALE! :-)

Oh, and I am officially DONE working! That's right.....when I left work after yet another 10+ hour day yesterday and I walked out the door a HUGE weight was lifted from my shoulders! Work has been challenging to say the least and very emotional lately due to many things going on internally but I can let that all go now and enjoy the rest of my time with Aiden in my belly and anticipating his arrival. Today has been magnificent and I've been humming a tune and happy all day! I know at this point in the pregnancy you hear most woman complaining that they just want the kid out already but not me......I'll be completely ok w/ it if he decides to stay in there another week. I really really would like a few days to just sit around the house, write in his baby book, watch some movies, sleep late and continue to feel him wiggling around in there as he has been....I love it!! If he comes soon then that will be ok too but I've been talking to him and telling him there's absolutely no rush!! Hopefully he obeys Mommy's first wish! :-) Maybe on my next post you'll finally get to meet Aiden....stay tuned!! Print this post

1 comment:

Two Peas in a Pod said...

Looking good Tracey! I can't wait to read on here that he has arrived! Hope you are getting some rest!!