Friday, June 29, 2007

18 weeks and counting.............

I had another appointment a few days ago and again....all is well. I'm feeling great as I have been all along and baby's heart rate was in the 140's and I gained 2 more pounds according to their scale. On my scale I'm up about 10-11 from when I found out I was pregnant so I don't think that that's too bad. I've been feeling the baby on and off a little more now too. Sometimes I go the whole day not really feeling anything and other days I feel him/her several times. I've had a few faint but noticeable kicks but nothing that has jolted me just yet but I'm looking forward to it. I know everyone says that by the time I reach the last trimester I'm going to want the little bugger to stop kicking me but I just can't believe that I could ever get tired of it. I guess we'll find out won't we?!?!?! We're FINALLY going to get to find out if we can start saying he or she soon....I can't wait! For whatever reason most people are saying it's a boy so we'll finally be able to solve the mystery. Just 11 more days to go!

More news on the house too, we ran into a bit of a snag. It was brought to our attention by our realtor that there may be a problem w/ the septic system. It appears as though the new driveway that was put in front of our house that takes the owners to their new house they are building on the land could have partially been built over the leach field. Those of you that have private septic systems know that you ideally you should be as far away from driveways or anywhere where any type of vehicle would need to drive over it. Keep in mind as well that there has been many construction vehicles passing over the whole system for months now so we were expecting to see the worst at the septic inspection a few weeks ago. We did the septic inspection first and the owners of the house paid for it and it turns out that other than a few dips in the pipes the system appears to be in pretty good condition and should be contained within a patch of grass (it will be grass eventually) that shouldn't need to be driven over anymore. Is it still a concern driving near it and having had it been driven over on numerous occasions.....absolutely! So, we asked that they have the soil tested in the back and move the whole septic system to the rear of the house. They agreed to pay for a site analyst to test the soil. At this point in time we have yet to put any money into this however in my heart WE WERE BUYING THIS HOUSE ONE WAY OR ANOTHER! :-) So, last Tuesday we went to the house and met w/ the buyers and their 2 1/2 year old adorable little girl. They were very nice and just wanted to work w/ us to get into the house. They said they simply can't afford to replace the whole leach field but said that they would do anything they could to make us feel better about where it is now since it turns out that the soil in the rear of the house was less than ideal for a leach field and the leach field where it was was better than ideal soil....go figure! So, we came to the agreement that another distribution box and chamber were to be designed and installed at the sellers expense and the cement covers would be replaced since they were cracked. There are some other little things that go along w/ doing like like pumping the tank, replacing one of the already existing chambers that has a dip in it and adding some more soil over the top of the tank. They have verbally accepted to pay for all of that to be done....YAY!!!!! We have yet to see the signed contract on that but I imagine that we'll be getting that today but won't celebrate too much until we see them sign it. Oh, and through all of this there was an angry neighbor writing letters to the city disputing the owners building that road near their land (and their horse pen) so that was another deterant because we didn't want to get involved in any disputes and technically didn't have to since it wasn't our land but should our "not the best" leach field fail it would end up all over this neighbors front yard and then it WOULD become our problem! We're told by the couple at our site inspection that they have made amends and all is good. They graded the road a little differently so should our system fail it no longer will end up in their front yard AND the owners narrowed the road giving them 5 more feet of land (the way it should have been w/ to begin with). So, all is good for now! I know more about private septic systems then I EVERY thought I would by the way!! :-) We have the rest of the inspection tomorrow morning (general building, water, radon) so we're keeping our fingers crossed that there are no more hurdles to have to jump and we can move forward w/ our close date of July 20th. Oh, did I mention that I LOVE this house! Stay tuned.........
Print this post

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
I hope your feeling good.
love ya,
Amy marston