Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Almost time.....

Well, you're used to me posting and being all boring and uneventful telling about how great everything is. Not this time! Actually there is nothing to be alarmed about yet. On Monday I stayed home from work as I wasn't feeling all that great (a bit of nausea & a headache). I felt better on Tuesday and went to work however was very uncomfortable as I was experiencing a very uncomfortable feeling, almost like a burning sensation in my upper right abdomen area. I was describing it to friends as feeling like Aiden was going to bust out of my belly like a scene right out of Alien! Well, at today's appointment my blood pressure was much higher than normal coming in at 138/78. Normally, this is not all that bad of a reading for a normal person, not great either but considering where my blood pressure was for all of my pregnancy it did raise a red flag. The symptoms I just mentioned above (nausea/headache/high blood pressure/upper abdominal pain) all point to signs of preeclampsia however the biggest indicator of precclampsia is protein in my urine which I don't have so I'm not really sure what's up!?!? Just to be on the safe side they sent me to have some blood tests so if I don't hear back from them soon I'm too assume all is fine and I have another appointment next Wednesday. At this point that is also my last planned day at work.....YIPPEE!!!!! :-) If I can make it to that point then Thursday is Turkey Day, Friday the company is closed and the next work day puts me 2 days past due. All I'll want to do is lounge around the house, write in Aiden's baby book, do some reading and anxiously await my baby boys arrival. I REALLY hope that the blood test come back fine because I REALLY am looking forward to the element of surprise and I REALLY don't want to be induced if I can avoid it. Oh, the Doc says that my cervix is just now starting to thin out a bit but nothing to write home about yet and no dilation yet either. Well, hopefully I don't have to post again until AFTER my next appointment next Wednesday. I really hope he's at least a few days late as that will give me a bit of time to relax at home before he comes but it's his rules we're playing by now so we'll see. Stay tuned.....10 days and counting!!! :-) Print this post

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
It's me again by now i'm probably annoying you , but I can't wait to see you tomarrow on thanksgiving! I love you both.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
It's me again by now i'm probably annoying you , but I can't wait to see you tomarrow on thanksgiving! I love you both.