Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Off to the 3rd trimester I go!

Things are really beginning to move along now! This picture is taken between 28 and 29 weeks, let the countdown begin!

Being that I've begun my 3rd trimester I have graduated from monthly appointments to bi-weekly appointments and just as he's been right from the beginning baby boy is doing great! I went in for some blood work last week to test me for gestational diabetes and to check my anemic level and not only did I test negative for gestational diabetes but my anemic level is exactly the same as it was during my first tests at 12 weeks. I'm told by my doc that that is very unusual and a very good thing. Almost all women experience a drop because they are now sharing their blood with the baby and it's natural for that level to drop but not mine! :-) Aiden's heartbeat was 143 which is completely normal and where it should be. I'm at a total weight gain of 25 pounds now which is a lot more than I was hoping for at this point but I know that I am doing the best I can as far as eating good so I think I've decided to not find out what I weigh at the rest of my appointments so I don't dwell on it too much. As long my baby Aiden is healthy that's all that matters. Aiden has become so much more active now too! I can feel him moving around in there at all times of the day, sometimes much more frequent than others and all of it VERY neat and I don't want this part to end but when it does I will be moving onto something even better....meeting my little man! :-) I have begun however to get increasingly more uncomfortable these days and finding myself needing to get horizontal earlier at night when I can due to the soreness in my upper rib cage area. Oh, and it's official.....I've moved onto waddling stage! All in all though I still consider myself one of the luckiest pregnant women alive because so far I have had a very healthy and easy pregnancy and I'm very thankful for that!

If you've been keeping up with my blog you know that Ryan and I moved about 6 weeks ago and it has been a whirlwind of things to do to get settled but we are just about there. With the exception of waiting for a few more pieces of furniture to be delivered and getting the baby's room ready just about everything has been done and my closer friends/family reading this right now are thinking to themselves......physco! Yes, I will admit....I went a little nuts on getting everything done right away but to my defense it's something I would have done anyway even if Aiden wasn't on his way so the fact that it's not going to be long before he's here too really added to my stress to get it all done NOW.....hey....I'm nesting! :-) Here are some pictures of the house now that we're settled and I'm ready to show everyone......




























this is going to be Aiden's room and as you can see it is purple so once it gets painted a sweet baby blue it will be ready to furnish and start to get ready for Aiden's arrival...........






















what do you think? We are still in love with the place and we are really enjoying not living in an apartment anymore and so far so good on the new tenants, hopefully it stays that way!

I'll post again soon. Oh, and we start Lamaze on Monday too so that should be fun! Stay tuned...... Print this post

1 comment:

Two Peas in a Pod said...

The house is beautiful and you look great! I am glad that you are feeling so well and it sounds like you are really enjoying being pregnant! Have fun decorating the little guys room! I had so much fun with that part when I was pregnant!