Friday, October 12, 2007

What a great time!

My shower was last Saturday the 6th and it was wonderful! There was a good turnout and Aiden rec'd so many wonderful things! He's well on his way to being spoiled rotten :-) Here are some pictures......















































I'm really bummed though that a few really important pictures weren't taken like me with my Mother-in-law's and my step Mother. I just got so wrapped up in everything that I didn't think about it until it was too late. I'm really hoping a few surface so I can post them but I'm not remembering specifically if they were taken. I want to send a special thanks to my Mother-in-law Julie and my cousin Christina for taking the time to plan the shower for me, I had a GREAT time! Also, to my other Mother-in-law Barbara who helped pay for it along w/ Julie.....thank you!!! I also want to thank Corrie for playing Bob Barker....the games were fun, especially the one where people had to guess how many inches around my belly was. Most were very nice and guessed right around the actual # of inches or lower but there were a few of you who were way off the charts....you know who you are and I won't forget that! :-) I'm sure there were more of you who had a hand in the planning too, I'm just not sure who did what say thanks to all of you :-) Aiden is surely coming into this world w/ so many people that already love him very much!!

I forgot to take a side portrait of myself in my baby shower outfit but I am going to a wedding this coming Saturday and I am wearing the same outfit so I will be sure to take a picture and post it after my next appointment on Oct. 22 (my birthday! :->) I did have an appointment last Monday though and again, everything looks good. I am experiencing some menstral like cramping now and then but that is mostly when I'm overdoing it by being on my feet a lot. It sounds easy enough to stay off my feet as much as I can however if you know me....you know that I'm attacking a list of things before the baby is due. I'm getting through all of it little by little however it seems like every time something comes off of the list, something else goes back on!! :-) I guess it's good that I get used to that now though anyway huh? So, belly was measuring what it should be, Aiden's heartbeat was 140's/150's which of course is very normal and my blood pressure was excellent! Next Monday's appointment is an exciting one! NOT! I get to put my legs up in the stirrups for the first time since the 1st trimester as it's time to be tested for Group B strep which if positive can be a very bad thing for the baby but I am not worried as everything has been wonderfully healthy up to this point. I will post again in about another week w/ another side portrait of me and details on my next appointment. Oh, and Aiden's room is all set up and every piece of clothing/blankies has been washed and put away. What a project that was! I really tossed and turned on whether I should wash everything or not as so many people I know didn't bother and it wasn't a problem for their children but I finally decided that I would and I feel much better now that it is all done. (Thanks to my OCD friends Katy and Corrie for persuading me on that , and thanks to them for helping me set up the room too :->) I didn't get any decorating items for my shower though so I will wait until I've finished off his room before posting more pictures of it. For now though I will continue to be kicked, poked and prodded by my little man. There are times when he is very quite and other times when he is just all over the place in there and I'm having great fun w/ all of it! :-) Print this post

1 comment:

Rodger said...

Holy bun in the oven!!I didn't even know you had gotten knocked up. You look great! Drop me a line some time.

Rodge