Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tick - tock - tick -tock.........

Well, I'd love to give you an exciting update but there just isn't one. Aiden is perfectly content all snuggled up in my belly and I'm pretty sure he'll arrive close to or after his due date. Today makes me exactly 37 1/2 weeks and I of course had another weekly appointment. Blood pressure was a bit higher than it usually is, 120/70....but this is still really good so I'm not worried. Aiden's heartbeat was a wonderfully normal 140 bpm and as I promised myself.....I didn't look at the scale! Oh, and this week she didn't ask...."do you want to know if you lost or gained?" like she did last week (same girl) so I know I gained but it's all good.....I'm passed worrying about it at this point :-) It's pretty cool to feel him moving around in there but you can definitely tell he's getting cramped! I made the Doctor venture a guess on his weight at this point and his best guess was about 6.5 -7 pounds right now so if he does what he should which is gain an ounce a day and I deliver close to my due date then he'll be right around 8 pounds but my close girlfriends and I have a bet going on and I'm just convinced he's going to be at least a 9 pound porker! :-) I was over an 8 pound baby and Daddy was over a 9 pound baby so the odds are we'll have a larger baby but you never know! A healthy 7 pounder would be perfect for me! Here's an updated picture of me and this time I went bare belly!

and here are some pictures of Aiden's room all finished and awaiting his arrival (I'm just in love w/ it!)........



















of course he won't be in his crib for a few months because he'll be right next to Mommy in his bassinette but only for 3 months at most then it's off to the crib! I've had the wonderful privledge of having several very close girlfriends that have children and I'm able to take bits and pieces of what they do and try to figure out a strategy for what might be best for me but ultimately every child is different so we'll be making up our own rules as we go. Well, that's it for this week! Oh wait....I almost forgot, my work threw me a surprise baby shower today too so I've got a few more things to add to Aiden's collection. Thanks my Jotul buddies!! I knew they were doing something I just didn't know when and my boss said to meet him in conference room B for a quick meeting and I honestly didn't even put it together until I got in there. Now it's time to go get the rest of what I'll need for his arrival which isn't much at all and I certainly don't NEED to have for him to come but if you know me well enough you know I have my lists and would love to have everything done off of it before he comes but if it's not all done....oh well! Until next week (or maybe he'll be here before my next appointment.....stay tuned!) :-) Print this post

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Glad your doing well.I will see you very soon I am sure.Tell Ryan I said hi.


Love,
Amy