Wednesday, December 5, 2007

And still we wait !

Yup....you read that right! We're continuing to wait yet some more. It turns out that my estimated due date is not what they had in my charts. When I got pregnant I used a few of the online due date calculators which put me at November 24th, they have me at November 27th which puts me only 8 days past due right now instead of the 11 I thought I was. So, that means that technically I am not 2 weeks past due until next Tuesday the 11th and that is as long as they are willing to let me go and we are already planning on induction on the 11th if I don't go on my own before then. Will this ever end?!?!?! :-) I have another Non Stress Test and Ultrasound planned for Friday just to make sure Aiden is still looking as healthy as he has been all along and if he passes with flying colors like I know he will then I have another appointment with my regular doctor on Monday where I'll get one last exam before they admit me to the hospital on Tuesday. I honestly can't believe it COULD be almost another week! This really is a very wild experience!

The doctor of course did another internal exam today and I am still only 50-60% effaced however her poking and prodding pushed me to dilate 1 cm so there's at least a start right?!?! Oh, and she said she could feel the top of the baby's head.....so exciting!!!! I did it though....I asked her what my odds are of vaginal delivery at this point where my progress is so slow and she gave me the daunting news that more than 50% of Mothers in my situation at this point have to go in for a c-section :-( She may have just been telling me what she thinks I want to hear but she said she thinks that I will go into labor on my own before my appointment on Monday.....I really hope so!! She also estimates Aiden at being approximately 8'ish lbs, of course this is no surprise! She really doesn't think that he's much bigger than that because my belly is only measuring 35 cm's right now and technically because I'm 41 weeks it should be measuring 41 cm's. Hopefully he stays in the 8 lb. range!! :-)

So STILL......we wait......... Print this post

No comments: