Monday, December 3, 2007

Surprise! Surprise!

THEY SENT US HOME!!!! How much longer are they going to let me go?!?!?! Baby boy passed all of their tests with flying colors so they want me to continue to sit home and let him decide when he wants to enter the world. This is getting to be a bit much at this point but it is what it is and as long as he is healthy that is all that matters I guess. They hooked me up to 2 different monitors, one for his heartbeat and one for my contractions. One was flat line, guess which one that was!!! Yup! Absolutely zero contractions! His heart rate was very normal and bounced anywhere from 130's to 170's. We got to have an ultrasound though so that was really neat! The technician was such a nice guy too! His name is Ron and he explained everything as we went and Ryan got it all on video. I got to see my little man's face!!!! It was so cool!! Of course his face was quite smooshed on the monitor but we could make out his nose, eyes, mouth and one time we could see his tongue too. His right hand was curled up under his chin too. Ron said that my amniotic fluid level looked pretty good and my placenta still looked pretty healthy which are 2 of the more important things right now so that is why they were in no rush to admit me I guess. The nurse checked me out too and she says I'm more like 50% effaced unlike last weeks estimation of 60%.....can you believe that?!?! I'm going backwards!!! I'm thoroughly convinced that he is taking up permanent residence in there and has no intentions of coming out!

What's the next step you ask!?!? Well, we sit and wait yet some more. My next appointment with my normal doctor (as today was at the hospital) is on Wednesday. I'm really hoping that they tell me to head to the hospital and they are going to get things started because even though I'm not incredibly uncomfortable......I'm ready! What exactly does "get things started" mean you ask? One would think that that means they would induce me right? WRONG! My cervix is not ready for induction so they have to get that ready first and I'll spare you the details of how they do that but in a nutshell they insert medicine to help it along. When my cervix is where it needs to be then they can administer the induction medication. It could be quite a long process or it could all go very quickly. As with anything in pregnancy.....everyone is so different. So, I'm really hoping that Aiden gets things rocking and rolling on his own over the next 24 - 36 hours so I don't have to go through everything they are telling me I might need to go through later this week. I will of course keep posting to this blog though with the latest and greatest so stay tuned. Oh, and how could I have forgotten to mention this?!?! Aiden's weight at this time......8 lbs. 10 oz.!!!!!! Ahhhh!!!!! Keep in mind that they can be off a pound in either direction so please.....everyone......think 7 lbs. 10 oz. and NOT 9 lbs. 10 oz.!!!! Print this post

No comments: