Friday, December 7, 2007

I have a confession!!!!

Everyone.....I have a confession.....I am NOT pregnant! I was just trying to hide the fact that I'm putting on the pounds is all! Oh, and all those movements I'm feeling inside must just be bad gas I guess because I'm now convinced that there is no baby in there and I'm not giving birth.....that's got to be it!!! :-) Ok, so obviously I'm joking but this really is getting to be a bit much now. I scolded my unborn son for the first time yesterday. I awoke around 5:00AM and rather than lay in bed and stare at the clock I just got up, went downstairs to have breakfast and watch TV. Well, I turned it on to a show called "Special Delivery" and Aiden got his scolding after watching this poor woman desperately tried to deliver a large baby that was stuck at the shoulders and his oxygen was cut off for 4 minutes. I turned off the TV when they started to try to get him to breath on his own but he wasn't. At that point I looked down at my belly with tears in my eyes and told him that gosh darn it.....it's time to come out now! I actually raised my voice to my belly and freaked out for a moment! That is the exact moment I decided no more watching "Special Delivery" until after he is born. That show is specifically about labors and deliveries that have complications. Why do that to myself?!?!?!

So, I had another ultrasound and Non Stress Test today and I'm not surprised to report that everything is status quo. The ultrasound technician did say that my placenta was showing signs of getting tired however she tested both the vein and artery that run through the umbilical cord and my placenta is still healthy enough that it is still providing everything to Aiden that he needs and although my amniotic fluid is running lower than normal which of course is to be completely expected I still had enough that they are not worried about that either. I wasn't able to get any pictures this time though as it looks like Aiden has shifted a bit more as his face is facing my back (which is ideal) a little more than it has been. He is still looking more to my right and his spine is on the left side of my belly but he shifted just enough so that I couldn't see his face this time but I did get to see his right arm and he was making a fist. I was half expecting his teeny little middle finger to come up as if to say....ha ha!! I'm still in here and I know you want me out there!! :-)

After the Ultrasound I headed to the hospital for my Non Stress Test and again....all looked good. My blood pressure was 116/70 which is about what it has been for 5-6 weeks now but that is higher than it was the whole pregnancy. However, it is still spectacular for an almost 42 week pregnant woman so there is no concern there at all either. Aiden's heartbeat fluctuated from 120-160 with the occasional drop below and above those #'s but for the most part it was 120-160. I was hooked up to the monitors for about an hour and somewhere right around the middle of it I started feeling a bit of cramping and I looked over at the monitor and I was having a contraction!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!! I'm not getting all excited just yet because there was only one and it lasted about 4-5 minutes and basically just felt like a cramp. I wasn't even sure it was a contraction but the nurse said it was but again....NOT getting excited at all as it was the only one I've had so far. As the nurse was unhooking me from the monitor she made a comment about how I should have a baby in my arms by next week at this time, I told her when she was hooking me up that either way I was being admitted into the hospital no later than Tuesday....is it possible that the labor process could take 3-4 days?!??! God help me!!!! I tried to call my Doctor this afternoon to ask why we have to wait until Tuesday but she was gone and wasn't going to be returning until Monday so no go on trying to get in any sooner unless I go into labor on my own (wouldn't that be nice!). So, although I've typed these words what feels like 100 times here we go again.....and still we wait! I'm really hoping and praying that he FINALLY decides to come on his own over the weekend but there is an undeniable end in sight now so at least that feels good. All of it is a bit scary though I will admit. Stay tuned...... Print this post

1 comment:

Two Peas in a Pod said...

Tracey,
I am on the edge of my seat each time reading these! I go on your blog and I am like she has to have had the baby by now! I hope you are hanging in there and if there is anything I can do let me know, food, some magazines, a good book, you name it! Take care and I look forward to the posting that baby A has arrived!!!